Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hard Engine I


Anybody who lived through the 80's should have some sort of remembrance of one particular publication called the Omni Magazine. It was a fairly popular sci-fi/scientific/futuristic type of magazine that featured many talented artists of the time. I used to spent hours in the library reading and get inspired by the artworks that it featured. One striking artist that stuck in my mind all throughout the decades was that of Bob Venosa. His organic art was always ethereal, glassy with constant glowing translucent lights and emanating shapes of divine-like forms. I especially loved his particular piece called "Jutta II". So while trying to come up with an image this evening, I thought of Venosa's art and did a similar symmetrical one in my element of style. As you can see my love of compositional symmetry plus mechanical gadgets in combination of a ethereal feminine face is well exemplified here.

No comments:

Post a Comment