Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Icelandic Trip


Several years ago I flew with my wife to Scandinavia for our annual vacation, and on the way we stopped over the Iceland. We only stopped over Reykjavik for a half day, so my wife suggested us to visit their famous geo-thermo powered spring. Man, it was a wonderful & relaxing experience bathing in that warm pot of lake amidst their drastic cooling temperature. In this image you will see my wife's monstrous face applied with the white facial cream they have provided at the spring. There is also the landmark church Hallgrimskirkja. You can also see some icelandic youths at the bottom where I took a candid photo of them. As we walked in those hard-to-pronounce streets and avenues, we came across an empty park with bunch of sculptures and statues, as some shown in the picture here. Unfortunately now Iceland is in a deep kind of financial crisis, and all that debt just seemed to cast a gloomy overhead on this beautiful island. I hope to return there someday again in the future, and hopefully by then their financial and economic situation will be much more improved......

No comments:

Post a Comment